1 packet white laksa noodles
1kg ikan kembung
2 serai stalks, smashed
5 kesom leaves
2 bunga kantan stalks
5-6 tbsp chilli paste
2cm cube belacan
tamarind juice, asam keping and salt to taste
sliced red chillies/cili padi
sliced big onion
chopped pineapple (optional)
1. Soak laksa in hot water for a few minutes and drain.
2. Boil fish and debone. Drain fish stock. Pound or blend fish meat. Pound bones, add two cups of warm water and strain. Keep aside.
3. Pound onions with belacan. Cut bunga kantan into quarters. Place everything except the laksa into a pot. Add water to get the gravy thickness preferred. Bring to boil.
4. Place the laksa with the garnishing in individual bowls. Pour over the gravy.
5. Serve with prawn paste or otak udang/petis which has been mixed with a little warm water.
source: Goodbites NST Online.